How to use your customized font for Sound Alerts
This guide will show you how to implement your font files in Sound Alerts by adapting the CSS (Cascade Style Sheets) in your streaming software. This is a great way to give your livestream and Sound Alerts a personal touch.
Pick and customize your font
- Visit https://fonts.google.com — you can select and customize various fonts here.
- Select and customize the font that you find the most appealing. We will use Chivo Mono and adjust some things via the "Type tester".
Please note that the number of customizable options can differ from font to font.
- Now, we select the first style (this is the one we customized) to add it to the "family" section.
- Search inside the "selected family" section on the right for the "@import url(…" part and copy it. This part will be used for implementing your font in your streaming software.
Implementing your font in the CSS of OBS
Now that you have your font and copied its body, it is time to implement it into your streaming software/broadcast tool.
- Open OBS and click on your Sound Alerts browser source to open its settings, and scroll to the CSS part.
- Now delete the text between the brackets.
- Insert the "@import url(..)" text of the font you copied earlier.
- The last step is to include "!important" before the ";".
Everything is ready to go now, and your Sound Alerts should be displayed in your font.
If you have any questions, please join our Discord Server. Our staff is happy to help you!